BIG provides a platform for artists across disciplines to collaborate with children and young people from all over the world. Side by side.
BIG invites, provokes and publishes real responses from kids and artists, parents and carers, educators, visionaries and practitioners.
- BIG recognizes that creative practice inspires change, response, inquiry, reflection, awareness and action on a personal and global scale.
- BIG is a place where all children, regardless of race, religion or social demographic are welcome. Always.
- BIG challenges hierarchy’s of who is listening and who is speaking, amplifies small voices in BIG ways, and encourages the participation of a junior editorial staff.
- BIG partners with organizations that enhance, protect, inspire, care for, support and enrich the lives of children.
- BIG is a poetic and tangible place of ongoing discovery.
Jo Pollitt and Lilly Blue, c.2010
on Dec 10, 2010